The Department of Health Policy and Management (HPM) is recruiting a full-time (12-month) faculty member, at the rank of Lecturer, to serve as Director of the Bachelor of Science in Health Services Management (BSHSM) program. Responsibilities will include managing day-to-day aspects of the BSHSM program including ensuring oversight and continuous quality improvement of curricular and student issues. The incumbent will also work closely with other HPM faculty members to identify relevant adjuncts, internship sites, and expanded employment opportunities for students in the program.
The BSHSM program has experienced significant enrollment growth in recent years and continues to prepare students for rewarding, challenging, and desirable careers in various health care settings including: medical and dental practices, long-term care organizations, health systems and hospitals, public health organizations, and other settings. An opportunity exists to help the program obtain national recognition by pursuing AUPHA certification.
The position includes teaching and mentoring students, as well as representing the department and program on various school, campus, and external committees relevant to the BSHSM program. Moreover, it is expected that the incumbent will work closely with others in the school, including other undergraduate program directors and those responsible for student advising, recruitment, general marketing, and other student services.
The BSHSM program in housed in the HPM Department which also includes two master’s programs, two doctoral programs, and an active research center. Close collaboration with other faculty members in the department—including the possibility of teaching in other departmental programs is expected.
The Indiana University Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health is located on the IUPUI campus in downtown Indianapolis. IUPUI is the health and life science campus of Indiana University and the focal point of health profession education in the State of Indiana. For more information about FSPH, visit: www.pbhealth.iupui.edu
Indiana University is an EEO/AA employer, M/F, D. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Undergraduate teaching excellence especially with students in health administration, public health, or related fields. Experience using a learning management system (eg., Canvas) desired.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an academic program which includes recruiting students, training and managing adjunct faculty, and managing curricular and student issues.
- Ability, desire, and experience in working with undergraduate students including assisting with professional development, internship and job placements.
- Knowledge of, or ability to develop, connections to the local health services management practice community.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field such as health administration, public health, education, leadership, or educational administration.
Salary and Rank
Competitive salary commensurate with rank and experience, including an attractive benefits package.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, cover letter, and statement of teaching philosophy to the Search Committee Chair online. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.