This exciting new master’s degree is the first of its kind in the world: it is the only academic degree available today designed to prepare students for leadership roles in the emerging field of product stewardship. Based in the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health’s Global Health department, the 30-credit degree can be completed as a part-time or full-time student. Students will take six credits of public health fundamentals, nine credits of environmental health science fundamentals and 15 credits of specialized product stewardship coursework that is taught by industry experts who helped invent the field. Classes are delivered online, in real time, as distance education courses.
MS in Product Stewardship
Who Will Benefit From This Degree?
The MS in Product Stewardship is designed for those who would like to advance their careers by meeting the ever-growing demand for product stewardship professionals. Competitive candidates include:
- Working professionals who are already active in the product stewardship field, who seek the formal training that will allow them to move up in their product stewardship organizations.
- Working professionals from a wide range of other backgrounds, including environmental health, regulatory compliance, industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety, sustainability, product development, supply chain, and law.
- Current undergraduates who want to pursue a graduate degree in order to fast-track their careers.
Successful applicants will have strong academic records and proven skills in science and analytical thinking.MSPS FAQs
It’s a great program! I have both enjoyed and learned so much from every class so far! I would absolutely recommend it to anyone in the product stewardship field.Katie Benjamin - MSPS Student, Regulatory Specialist
A Focus On Meeting Industry Need
The Fairbanks School of Public Health has worked with product stewardship leaders at top companies around the world to develop a curriculum that meets the industry’s need for well-trained product stewardship professionals. Specialized product stewardship courses will include:
- Fundamentals of Product Stewardship
- Product Hazard, Exposure and Risk Assessment
- Regulatory Affairs for Product Stewardship
- Product Improvement and Sustainability
- Product Stewardship Strategy and Management
Kristie Murray, a student pursuing the MS in Product Stewardship, shares why she chose this degree, how it will help with her career, and what she's learned so far.Read Kristie's Story
The Product Stewardship MS is officially an academic plan under the Public Health academic program.
Fall Application Deadlines:
- US Application Deadline: July 1
- International Application Deadline: April 15
Explore the information on our website to learn more about the Master of Science degree in Product Stewardship. The Product Stewardship MS is officially an academic plan under the Public Health academic program. If you would like to receive additional information about the program, contact Sue Hancock, email@example.com, Director of Graduate Recruitment.