The Master of Health Administration Program recognizes the academic potential undergraduate students enrolled in the BS Health Services Management have demonstrated as well as their potential to engage in graduate level work. Therefore, the MHA Program offers the opportunity to those BSHSM students who have maintained a 3.5 cumulative GPA to apply for early admission the MHA program and, if accepted, the first year of graduate work would satisfy the senior year curriculum obligations.
Students must have met the following criteria in order to be eligible to start the Accelerated MHA Program:
- Completed 60 credit hours in the IU system at the time of admission.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 and a 3.5 within their major.
- Prior to the start of their senior year the follow requirements must be met: All general education requirements for the bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 96 undergraduate credit hours, and the 24 major credit hours.
- Application - Students are required to apply through the IUPUI website.
- Official Graduate Record Exam scores - Combined verbal and quantitative score of 301 and an analytical score of no lower than 3.5
- Three letters of recommendation. All letters of recommendation must be submitted by faculty. Please use our letter of recommendation form.
- $60.00 Application Fee
- Personal Statement
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Admission Interview
- Supplemental Questions Form
Students who are interested in applying should contact Leah Jansen, email@example.com, for academic advising, or student services, for application questions, prior to starting the applicaiton process.
Students who meet the GRE scores are not guaranteed admission. Other factors that will be considered include references, work experience, and the personal statement.
- Up to a total of 24 credit hours of the first 27 credits completed in the MHA program may be applied to both the BSHSM and MHA degrees.
- Students must be enrolled as a graduate student during the last 24 credit hours of the BSHSM program.
- During the accelerated period (when courses taken count towards both graduate and undergraduate degrees) students must maintain at least a B (3.0 GPA) each semester to remain in good standing.
- It is expected that students will complete the requirements for the appropriate BS degree in an expeditious manner.
- Students may not be permitted to enroll in any 600-level courses until undergraduate degree requirements have been met.
Need More Information?
Students who have questions about admissons at the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health are encouraged to contact Student Services at (317) 274-2000 to speak with one of our admissions advisors. We're happy to answer questions or schedule a visit.Request Information