The Advancement Council exists for alumni and friends to utilize their influence and resources to promote community collaboration to support the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health. As a school, we are committed to improving the health of Indianapolis. The Advancement Council will serve as an incubator for new ideas to help us accomplish this goal and as a platform in which we can influence change. Members participate in an advisory capacity regarding alumni relations, communications, and development.
Advancement Council Members
- Bill Thompson, Chairman President, CEO & Chairman, Hall, Render, Killian Heath & Lyman, P.C.
- Dan Evans, Chairman, Indiana University Health
- Jack Phillips, President & CEO, Roche Diagnostics Corporation
- Vince Caponi, Senior Vice President, Ascension
- Doug Leonard, President, Indiana Hospital Association
- Stephen Moore, President & CEO, Cardon
Membership and Expectations of Council Members
Members will be charged with providing counsel on issues raised by the dean, undertaking projects to benefit the School of Public Health, and assisting in making contacts with alumni and friends of the school, among other tasks. Members of the council will be individuals of stature that are willing to assist the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health in fulfilling our mission by:
- Playing a critical role in the life of the School of Public Health—as donors, volunteer leaders, and advisors who will work together with the Dean and the Director of Development in a dedicated effort to advance excellence across the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health
- Expanding the community of supporters for the Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health by identifying, establishing partnerships, and making connections with individuals and organizations whom have an interest in improving public health outcomes
- Calling the Dean's attention to community circumstances the council might become aware of which are related to subjects considered by the council at its meetings or which members believe might be of interest to the Dean and School as a whole
Time Commitment Expected of Members
Council members shall be appointed to an initial three-year term, January 1 to December 31. The Advancement Council will hold quarterly meetings during the calendar year. In addition to the quarterly meetings, council members will be available for discussions with the Dean and the Development Director as opportunities or needs arise.
Members are invited and encouraged to attend all Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health special events when available. In addition to events, advancement council members may be asked to assist with stewarding VIP guests who visit the school.