Health equity and promotion requires transformation of our laws and policies to better support mothers and children. Using a human rights framework, we work with both rights-bearers (women) to ensure that they know and can make use of their rights and duty-bearers (individuals in positions of authority) to change systems to better support human flourishing.
Law and Public Policy
- Host ongoing “know your rights” sessions for Grassroots MCH Leaders
- Established partnerships with Indiana Justice Project and with IUPUI Civil Practice Clinic
- Participated in the launch of the Indiana General Assembly’s MCH Caucus
- Established partnership with IU McKinney School of Law Civil Practice Clinic to provide services for Mothers on the Rise participants
- Established outreach initiative between Al Haqq Foundation and the National Immigrant Justice Center