The IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health Graduate Certificate in Product Stewardship is a 15-credit hour program of study designed to meet the needs of working product stewards who wish to advance their careers by continuing their education. Completing the Graduate Certificate will provide you with a strong foundation in product stewardship theory and concepts. Graduates who are later accepted into the Fairbanks School of Public Health Master of Science in Product Stewardship (MSPS) degree may be able to apply credits earned in the Graduate Certificate in Product Stewardship toward the MSPS degree, making this a great choice for those considering pursuing a graduate degree in the future. Graduates must apply for a transfer of these credits within 24 months of completing the Graduate Certificate.
Earn Your Graduate Certificate in Product Stewardship
Fall Semester Deadlines
US Applicants: July 1
International Applicants: April 15
By completing the Graduate Certificate in Product Stewardship, you will learn how to:
- Describe the core functions, values and principles of environmental and occupational public health.
- Identify and characterize product hazards, exposures, and risk through inherent product characteristics, uses, and misuses of products.
- Select and apply appropriate frameworks to analyze product risks to humans and the environment throughout product supply chains and product lifecycles.
- Identify and evaluate current and emerging societal issues, regulatory requirements, and voluntary frameworks that may affect products throughout their lifecycle.
- Assess and apply best practices to improve product sustainability and competitive advantage while minimizing business risk through management and product development.
- Identify and recommend strategies to improve the capabilities of product stewardship organizations within the larger business construct.
To earn the Graduate Certificate in Product Stewardship, students must complete coursework in three areas of public health and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (“B” grade on a 4.0 scale). All product stewardship courses require authorization before registering. Please call (317) 278-2000 to obtain authorization.
The courses you will take are:
- Fundamentals of Product Stewardship [A680]
- Product Hazard, Exposure & Risk Assessment [A677]
- Product Improvement & Sustainability [A678]
- Regulatory Affairs for Product Stewardship [A675]
- Product Stewardship Strategy & Management [A676
Ready to Get Started?
We'll notify you by e-mail once your application has been received. If you have questions about the application process, contact Cher Pearcy, Student Success (317) 278-8412.