Are you interested in learning what it takes to run a health care delivery system after the implementation of the Affordable Care Act? If so, this is the minor for you. You’ll learn what top thought leaders say about key aspects of administration of today’s health systems. This is a minor that is easy to customize to your specific interests. You’ll take one required health administration course, then you’ll choose four electives from a list that includes health care finance and budgeting, economics, policy, marketing, legal issues, management care, and planning.
Minor in Health Services Administration
Eligibility and Application Procedure
Students enrolled in baccalaureate programs at Indiana University who are in good academic standing.
The health systems administration minor is a great fit for students majoring in:
- Social Work
Public health students majoring in health services management are not eligible for the health systems administration minor.
Students who successfully complete the requirements for the minor with a 2.5 GPA or above as well as a grade of “C” or better in all courses credited to the minor will have the minor conferred with their baccalaureate degree.
- Required Courses
Take one course for three credits:
- PBHL H320 Health Systems Administration
- Elective Sources
Choose four elective courses for 12 credits:
- PBHL H352 Health Finance and Budgeting
- PBHL H353 Advanced Health Finance and Budgeting
- PBHL H354 Health Care Economics
- PBHL H375 Management of Health Services Organizations
- PBHL H401 Strategic Planning for Health Care Organizations
- PBHL H411 Chronic and Long Term Care Administration
- PBHL H420 Health Policy
- PBHL H432 Health Care Marketing
- PBHL H441 Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration
- PBHL H330 Global Public Health
- PBHL H310 Lean in Healthcare
- PBHL P300 Topics in Public Health: With Advisor Approval
- PBHL P400 Topics in Public Health: With Advisor Approval
Ready to Get Started?
Students must declare their intention to receive a minor by completing the application for minor form. This application should be completed at the same time you complete the application for graduation for your baccalaureate degree. Apply for a minor from the Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health by completing the application for a minor form and emailing it to Karen Looper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternative accessible formats of the application can be obtained upon request by contacting email@example.com.