Designed for students interested in learning about the administrative and management functions required to run public health and healthcare organizations. Completing the Certificate in Health Administration will help prepare you for entry-level work in such organizations. Current health care professionals will find this Certificate to be a time-saving way to develop the additional skills needed for career advancement.
Discover the Undergraduate Certificate in Health Administration
- To earn the Certificate, students must complete a minimum of 18 credits in accordance with the specified curriculum, and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- Students who successfully complete the requirements for the Certificate will have this credential added to their official transcript. A printed certificate resembling a diploma will be awarded upon graduation.
- Health Services Management students are not eligible for the Health Administration Certificate.
- Students must declare their intention to graduate with the Certificate by completing the Application For Certificate form.
Required Courses (9 credit hours)
- PBHL-H120: Health Care Delivery in the US
- PBHL H320* Health Services Administration (P: PBHL H120)
- PBHL H375* Management of Health Services Organizations
Choose Three Courses (9 credit hours)
- PBHL H411 Chronic and Long Term Care Administration (P: PBHL H120)
- PBHL H345* Operations Management and Quality Improvement in Health Organization (P: PBHL H320)
- PBHL H420 Health Policy
- PBHL H432* Health Care Marketing
- PBHL H441 Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration
- PBHL H330 Global Public Health
- PBHL H325 Health Information Technology, Management and Policy
- PBHL H346 Organizational Behavior and HR Management in Healthcare
- PBHL H305 Medical Group Management (PBHL H120)
- PBHL H315 High Risk Health Behaviors and Harm Reduction
- PBHL H352 Health Finance and Budgeting (P: PBHL H200)
- PBHL H353 Advanced Health Finance and Budgeting
- PBHL H200 Healthcare Accounting
- PBHL H101* Influencing the Public’s Health
- PBHL H361 Leadership in Health Management: Resolving Disputes and Difficult Conversations
- PBHL-H303 Topics in Public Health
- PBHL-H455 Topics in Public Health
* These courses are offered online at least once per year.
Ready To Get Started?
Students must declare their intention to receive the Undergraduate Certificate in Health Administration by completing the Application for Certificate Form.