The Undergraduate Certificate in Public Health will provide you with a foundation in public health theory and concepts, while also allowing you to choose one of two concentration options: Health Administration or Population Health Science.
Discover the Undergraduate Certificate in Public Health
Health Administration Option
Designed for students interested in learning about the administrative functions required to run public health and healthcare organizations. Completing the Certificate in Public Health-Health Administration will help prepare you for entry-level work in such organizations. Current public health professionals will find this Certificate to be a time-saving way to develop the additional skills needed for career advancement.
Population Health Science Option
Designed for students interested in learning more about the core areas of study in Public Health related to Population Health and integration of those concepts with various areas of discipline in healthcare and public health delivery systems. Completing the Certificate in Public Health-Population Health Science will help prepare graduates new to these fields for entry-level work in such organizations as well as provide additional skills to current public health professionals interested in career development.
- To earn the Certificate, students must complete a minimum of 18 credits in accordance with the specified curriculum, and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- Students who successfully complete the requirements for the Certificate will have this credential added to their official transcript. A printed certificate resembling a diploma will be awarded upon graduation.
- Public Health students majoring in Environmental Health Science, Health Services Management or Community Health are not eligible for the Public Health Certificate in the same area as their major.
- Students must declare their intention to graduate with the Certificate by completing the Application For Certificate form.
- PBHL H120 Health Care Delivery in the US (3 credits)
- PBHL H320 Health Services Administration (3 credits)
- PBHL H375 Management of Health Services Organizations (3 credits)
Choose One Course (3 credit hours)
- PBHL H200 Healthcare Accounting
- PBHL H345 Operations Management and Quality Improvement in Health Organization
Choose Two Courses (6 credit hours)
- PBHL H411 Chronic and Long Term Care Administration
- PBHL H420 Health Policy
- PBHL H432 Health Care Marketing
- PBHL H441 Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration
- PBHL H330 Global Public Health
- PBHL H310 Lean in Healthcare
- PBHL H325 Health Information Technology, Management and Policy
- PBHL H346 Organizational Behavior and HR Management in Healthcare
- PBHL H305 Medical Group Management
- PBHL H315 High Risk Health Behaviors and Harm Reduction
- PBHL H352 Health Finance and Budgeting
- PBHL H353 Advanced Health Finance and Budgeting
- PBHL P109 Introduction to Public Health or PBHL H120 Contemporary Health Issues or PBHL S120 Introduction to Community Health (3 credits)
- PBHL B300 Introduction to Biostatistics in Public Health (3 credits)
- PBHL A316 Environmental Health Science (3 credits)
- PBHL E322 Principles of Epidemiology (3 credits)
- PBHL H220 Policy and Management for Population Health (3 credits)
- PBHL S315 Community Health (3 credits)