At the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health you will discover exceptional faculty, nationally-recognized research, hands-on learning opportunities, a robust study abroad program and mentoring relationships. These benefits provide our students with the solid foundation needed to be highly competitive candidates for today’s most interesting and meaningful public health jobs.MPH Program Competencies
Earn Your Master’s Degree in Public Health
I wish people knew that public health is everything around you. Public health addresses the social structure that impacts the health and daily lives of people.Jasmine Black, MPH
Why Choose Us For Your MPH Degree?
- We have a comprehensive program with expertise in the five core components of public health, as well as new and exciting areas such as product stewardship, global health and bioengineering.
- We’re flexible enough to accommodate both full-time and part-time students.
- We're ranked as one of the Best Public Health Graduate Schools in the country, according to the U.S. News & World Report's Best Grad School Rankings for 2020.
- Our proximity to the Indiana State Department of Health, the Marion County Health Department, the Indiana Statehouse, Indiana’s largest healthcare systems and many health-related agencies gives our students unparalleled opportunities to gain hands on experience through experiential learning, internships and capstone projects.
- Our study abroad programs offer opportunities to gain new perspectives by studying in Europe, Latin and South American, Asia and Africa.
- We offer outstanding career services support to our students and alumni. We don’t just help you get the degree, we also help you land the job of your dreams.