After you schedule an appointment in SAS, a confirmation message will appear on the screen. In this confirmation is a section about Text Reminders and how you can opt in (or opt out) of receiving reminders.
- In the Text Reminders section of the confirmation, click on Notification Center Settings.
- Then navigate to Settings at the top of the page by your username.
- Under Contact Settings is a section called Your Mobile number.
- Click on the +Number icon.
- Enter in your mobile number and click Send Verification Code. A verification code will be sent to your mobile device, and you will then enter the code in the box provided and click Verify Code.
- Once you have verified your code, an option will pop up at the bottom of this page allowing you to manage your text message notifications.
- If you want to opt in, check the box next to Student Appointment Schedule—Appointment Reminder.
- Then click I agree under the statement “Yes, I wish to receive text messages.”
- Back on your main settings page, you will now see a section for Notification Settings, and the send text message is selected for the SAS Appointment Reminder.
- You can opt out of reminders by navigating to the settings of your Notification Center and unchecking the box to Send Text Messages.
Students are considered a "no show" when they arrive more than 10 minutes late (in-person/virtually) or do not attend the meeting without cancelling or contacting the advisor prior to their appointment time. Consequences of a no show include the following:
- A student is not eligible to schedule a same-day appointment on the day of a no show.
- After three no shows in a 12-month period, the student will be required to meet with the Associate Dean for Education and Training.
If you are aware that you cannot make your appointment, please contact the office before the scheduled appointment time to cancel or to reschedule.