Indianapolis is the capital city and economic and government center of Indiana. What does that mean for you? You will have the opportunity to study with policy makers, community activists, and groundbreaking researchers, all on one campus.
- IU Indianapolis is Indiana’s premier health and life sciences campus. Here, you’ll be exposed to exceptional faculty and innovative research.
- The Indiana State House is just a few short blocks from the Fairbanks School of Public Health, giving our students the opportunity to not just see how public health laws are made, but to also be part of the process. Our students regularly testify in front of Indiana legislators.
- Indianapolis is home to the largest health systems in Indiana, the Indiana State Department of Health, the Marion County Health Department, countless nonprofit organizations and top health-related companies, such as Eli Lilly and Anthem. Our students have unprecedented opportunities to gain experience through internships, capstone projects, and volunteer opportunities.
- Our public health alumni network is the largest in the state. Our students are able to begin building their professional network from the moment they enroll in our school.
- IU Indianapolis is a launching pad for study abroad. The campus has partnerships with more than 60 universities. Just in the Fairbanks School of Public Health alone, we offer study abroad opportunities in Europe, Latin and South America, Africa, and Asia.