As a participant in the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health Study Abroad programming, you agree to abide by the following code of conduct. Deviation from this code may result in your ineligibility to continue in the program, disciplinary action from Indiana University and/or other state and local authorities as deemed appropriate.
Expectations of participants
- Will put my personal health and safety, and that of all members of my group, as my highest priority. If I get sick or injured, I will notify a faculty or staff member as soon as possible. I will make every effort to not spread illness to others; I understand that in certain circumstances this may mean I have to remain in the lodging and miss scheduled activities.
- When enjoying free time, I will always travel with at least one other member of the group. I will check in with group leaders when and as requested.
- Will attend all program sessions on time and be prepared for the session activities.
- Will stay in program allotted housing through the duration of the program.
- Will be fiscally responsible for all incidental charges, such as telephone calls, movie rentals, etc., as well as all meals, transportation and excursions not otherwise provided for.
- Will abide by all laws and regulations of places we visit, including our lodging, academic venues, and cultural learning.
- Will not consume alcohol if underage and will consume alcohol responsibly if of drinking age. Will not use any illegal substances.
- Will respect the property of other program participants.
- Will represent my program, IUPUI, and my home country well by ensuring my behavior is appropriate within the contexts of my home and host countries.
- Will be respectful of other program participants by producing reasonable levels of noise and being courteous and polite to other group members. Group dynamics will have an impact on everyone’s experience. Please remember this and do your part to be a positive addition to the program.
I have read and understand the expectations of a participant in the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health Study Abroad program and agree to abide by them.