Deadline to Apply: June 1
The accelerated program is a competitive opportunity for outstanding public health students. To be eligible, students must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.5.
Students are encouraged to apply to the MPH program during fall or spring semesters of their junior year, however, the deadline is June 1. Students admitted to the MPH program will still be considered an undergraduate student in year four until they complete their bachelor’s degree.
Begin Planning Early
Prospective accelerated program students are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor early to begin planning.
Students admitted to the 4+1 Accelerated Program will finish their Biology credits while completing the following MPH credits in year four:
Fall Semester of Year 4:
- PBHL P510 Introduction to Public Health (3 credits)
- PBHL P511 Comprehensive Methods and Applications in Biostatistics and Epidemiology (3 credits)
- PBHL Required or Elective Course in the Student’s MPH Concentration (3 credits)
Spring Semester of Year 4:
- PBHL P512 Communication and Leadership (3 credits)
- PBHL P513 Planning, Evaluation and Management (3 credits)
- PHBL Required or Elective Course in the Student’s MPH Concentration (3 credits)
Students should consult their MPH faculty advisor to discuss completion of the remaining MPH credits.