Are you interested in learning what it takes to run a health care delivery system? If so, this is the minor for you. You’ll learn what top thought leaders say about key aspects of administration of today’s health systems. This is a minor that is easy to customize to your specific interests. You’ll take two required health administration course, then you’ll choose three electives from a list that includes health care management, policy, marketing, legal issues, human resources, and health information technology.
Minor in Health Systems Administration
Eligibility and Application Procedure
Students enrolled in baccalaureate programs at Indiana University who are in good academic standing.
The health systems administration minor is a great fit for students majoring in:
- Social Work
Public health students majoring in health services management are not eligible for the health systems administration minor.
Students who successfully complete the requirements for the minor with a 2.5 GPA or above as well as a grade of “C” or better in all courses credited to the minor will have the minor conferred with their baccalaureate degree.
Take two courses for 6 credits:
- PBHL H120 Health Care Delivery in the US
- PBHL H320 Health Systems Administration
Choose three elective courses for 9 credits:
- PBHL H375 Management of Health Services Organizations
- PBHL H411 Chronic and Long Term Care Administration
- PBHL H420 Health Policy
- PBHL H432 Health Care Marketing
- PBHL H441 Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration
- PBHL H330 Global Public Health
- PBHL H310 Lean in Healthcare
- PBHL H325 Health Information Technology, Management and Policy
- PBHL H346 Organizational Behavior and HR Management in Healthcare
- PBHL H345 Operations Management and Quality Improvement in Health Organizations
- PBHL H303 Medical Group Management
- PBHL H315 High Risk Health Behaviors and Harm Reduction
Ready to Get Started?
Students must declare their intention to receive a minor by completing the application for minor form. This application should be completed at the same time you complete the application for graduation for your baccalaureate degree. Apply for a minor from the Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health by completing the application for a minor form.
Alternative accessible formats of the application can be obtained upon request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.