Current IUSM medical students application to the Fairbanks School of Public Health
IUSM medical students who are interested in pursuing the Graduate Certificate in Public Health and/or the MPH degree must apply to the Fairbanks School of Public Health. Students may apply during any year of their medical education, but are encouraged to apply the semester prior to the summer they wish to begin the program.
Students will start their MPH program in the summer semester.
- Application opens: January 1, 2023
- Priority application deadline: February 1, 2023
- Application closes: March 31, 2023
Steps to apply
Current medical students who are interested in the Certificate in Public Health or MPH degree will complete the dual degree application supplement and submit the following items:
- Current résumé or CV
- One-page essay addressing the following two questions:
- Where did your interest in public health originate?
- How do you plan to integrate your medical and public health degrees after graduation?
Students who are offered admission will be required to submit an IU Graduate CAS application. The IU application fee will be waived; a link from FSPH admissions will be supplied as a next step.