Application to the Fairbanks School of Public Health Process for Current IUSM Medical Students
Medical students who are interested in pursuing the Graduate Certificate in Public Health and/or the MPH degree should apply to the Fairbanks School of Public Health. Students may apply during any year of their medical education.
Current medical students who are interested in the Certificate in Public Health or MPH degree are required to submit an Online Graduate and Professional Admissions Application. The IU application fee will be waived.
In addition to submitting the IU application, medical students should submit the following items to the Fairbanks School of Public Health Office of Student Services, attention: Shawne Mathis.
- Current Resume or CV
- One-page essay addressing the following two questions:
- Where did your interest in public health originate?
- How do you plan to integrate your medical and public health degrees after graduation?
- Completed and signed Form A granting permission to the IUSM Office of Medical Student Affairs to release to the Fairbanks School of Public Health (1) copies of your undergraduate and graduate transcripts, (2) MCAT scores and (3) at least three letters of recommendation from your application to medical school. For an accessible version of Form A, please contact email@example.com.
- Medical students who are interested in applying for a stipend to offset some of the cost of the MPH courses should complete the scholarship application. Preference will be given to those who submit the scholarship application by February 15. For an accessible version of the scholarship application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.