The Fairbanks School of Public Health Ambassadors participate in peer recruitment and share news and information about the school on their social media accounts to increase awareness of public health and health administration.
Public Health Ambassador Program
Why do I want to be involved?
As a public health ambassador, you have the opportunity to give back to the community by elevating awareness of public health and health administration and its impact on individuals, communities and whole populations while also building your resume.
You will share your passion for public health or health adminstration, showcase our downtown location and network with FSPH faculty, staff and alumni. You will also have the chance to experience hands-on social media strategy and platforms in a professional capacity.
- Full-time undergraduate FSPH student
- Maintain a personal presence on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and/or Twitter
- Maintain a 2.75 GPA or higher
- Possess proven and potential leadership qualities
- Be enthusiastic about sharing public health or health administration pride with others
- Attend monthly meetings
- Commit to attending three to five recruitment events a semester
- Commit to contributing to social media assignments one to two hours a week
How does this work?
You will help to increase awareness of the Fairbanks School of Public Health through peer recruitment. You will be required to attend three to five recruitment events a semester.
You will use your personal social media accounts to post updates based on weekly prompts we will send you. You will tag the Fairbanks School of Public Health in your posts so we can share your updates!
Ambassadors are considered student employees and will be compensated $11 an hour.
Apply to Become an Ambassador!
After you submit the form below, you will be contacted by a member of the marketing team for a follow-up interview.